Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
These brownies are so fudgy and delicious that you won't even know there's an avocado in them!
Servings: 16 brownies
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed smooth
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips of your choice
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease an 8″ x 8″ pan with shortening and flour.
Combine avocado, coconut oil, egg, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup in a large bowl with an electric mixture. Beat on low speed until smooth.
Add in baking powder, Kosher salt, and cocoa powder. Blend on low speed until incorporated.
Add in flour. Blend on low speed until incorporated.
Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- These brownies freeze really well, if you ever need to make a bunch in advance.
- I have tried substituting extra light olive oil for the coconut oil, and the taste was just a little bit off. I would not recommend this substitution.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 167.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.7g | Protein: 2.9g | Fat: 9.6g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 11.6mg | Sodium: 94.9mg | Potassium: 137.2mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 13.8g | Vitamin A: 13.7IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 31.9mg | Iron: 3.4mg